Monday, October 31, 2011

Spiderman, Spiderman does whatever a Spider can


Halloween was fun this year. Nixon is getting old enough where he is really starting the realize the fun in the Holidays. His cousins are obsessed with Halloween so with all of their talk about the fun day that was coming up, Nixon was really looking forward to the day filled with dressing up and treats.

He chose to be Spiderman and I bought his costume pretty early, like in September because I didn't want to worry about trying to find one with the new baby. The only bad thing is I had to hide it from him so he wouldn't bother me about putting it on him every day until Halloween.
I think that Nixon made quite a cute Spiderman!

We were able to go to our Ward Trunk-or-Treat the week before Halloween. It was really fun to spend time with our fun neighbors, and get to know others a little bit better. We ate soup, breadsticks, and drank homemade Root Beer. It was pretty warm and all the kids went outside to trunk-or-treat. There are some fun people in our ward who spend hours decorating their cars with lights and scary creatures. Blake and I just stayed close to the car so we could keep little Gweny warm. He made out like a bandit with lots and lots of candy for Mommy and Daddy!

Halloween day itself was a hard day for me. I had to go back to work pretty quickly after having the baby because they didn't pay for a very long maternity leave, so Halloween was my first day back. I was excited to get off of work and take Nix trick-or-treating.



This was Nix Trick-or-Treating, he had a blast but didn't really want to wear the mask that went with his costume.


We only did a little bit of trick-or-treating, mostly just to our neighbors right in our cul-de-sac and then we made the drive to our various family members to show off Nixon's costume. I am a bad mom and not only did I forget to take any pictures of Gwen, but I didn't even buy her a costume. She did have a really cute outfit that she wore though!

I don't know why it is so small. The shirt is darling it says "I Love my Mummy" Thanks to my sweet friend Erin who found that for her!


One of the stops we made was at Aunt Patrice's to visit her, Broc, and Haley. I tried to get a picture of all 4 of the kids together, but they don't hold still long enough to do that. This one is a pretty good one of Spiderman and Aurora (aka Nixon and Jaycie) Also you can see the hobo (Brielle) up in the top lefthand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...