Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day Off

I had a wonderful day off last Friday.
I love to take advantage of my days off and spend time with my kids. 
We usually spend the day "pretending" to do housework. 
That involves us sitting, playing, and watching movies together,
until about 10 minutes before I expect Daddy to get home. 
Then it is a mad rush to get things looking slightly put together around the house. 

Gwen and I decided to make Waffles this past Friday. 
She was a really good "helper."
She had a wonderful time 
until it was time to start cooking the batter.
As you can see she got kinda mad at me, actually I think she yelled
and as you can tell she cried. 
She just wanted to keep stirring.
She was also mad because I wouldn't let her taste the batter.
That is her favorite part about stirring anything.
Tasting the finished product.
Her very favorite things to make are
Kool-aid, and fruit salad.
I do try not to let her have anything with raw eggs in it.
I have a feeling this girl is going to be a baker when she grows up. 
She loves to help stir anything.


Our delicious homemade waffles and syrup. 
I got this fabulous recipe for homemade syrup from my mother in law. 
It is really tasty, and so easy to make. 
The only thing that takes a little getting used to is 
that it is runnier than store bought syrup. 
But it tastes much better!

I just love days at home with my kids. 
What do you love to do when you get time to spend alone time with your kids? 




1 comment:

  1. Those look delicious and Gwen is darling! Her face cracks me up in the pic on the right.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...