Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Innocence

Laughter...

The best cure for a hard day.
And it is amazing to me that my sweet 2 year old
knew that was just what I needed yesterday.

So many days,
I feel like I'm being pulled in so
many different directions.
I don't know which way I should go first.
Being stretched so thin.

That was my day yesterday.
So many requests
from so many people around me,
very little understanding 
No patience.

At bedtime,
reading and singing to my sweet daughter,
she did something to make me laugh.
I laughed, and she continued,
Growing more and more pronounced.
Then giggling until tears
poured from both our eyes.

The innocence of a child.
With the spirit of the Holy Ghost surrounding her.
Knowing what I needed most
to brighten my day
was a little silliness and a good dose of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. aw this gave me chills! Love it!! It's the best part about being a mom. Those hard days being set right by the sweetness of our babes. You are such a good mommy! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...