Sunday, December 1, 2013

Spiritual Thought Sunday

 I recently read a conference talk given by
President Thomas S. Monson.
I thought it fit perfectly with this Thanksgiving season.
Even though Thanksgiving has passed,
and the Christmas season is now quickly upon us
I am trying hard to be thankful all year round.

He spoke about how most often we take the
things that are most important to us for granted,
These are not worldly things,
these are usually those people who are closest
and most dear to us.

President Gordon B. Hinkley said
"When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arroance and conceit and egotism,
you walk with the spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you
and will bless your lives."

Thomas S. Monson said
"Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings,
but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love."

I hope that you will join with me in
showing sincere thanks year round.
I know I feel so much better
 when I count
the many blessings that God has given me.
And recognize how loved I am.

 You can read the talk here
it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...