Friday, January 17, 2014

Better late than never!

I have a dear friend
{well 7 actually} 
But one in particular
had a birthday was last week.
I was home with the flu.
And although I sent a
Happy Birthday text,
it just isn't the same as going to lunch.
{Which I still want to do!}

But I want my sweet Devyn,
to know how much I love her.

 We were inseperable
the whole summer after high school.

We went country dancing every Tuesday and Thursday.
We had a few mishaps with our pants,  
and stopped at Wendy's on our way home
to get a free cup of ice water.
We both met our husbands there.

We went on dates just for free food.
A few of them really.
We met some great guys,
and a few crazies.

We slept at one or the other of our houses
every night, excluding sunday
{our mother's were so mean}
We laid in bed and watched
Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban
Music videos.

She was there for me when I needed a friend
the very most.
When I said Yes,
and she repetedly told me to
"just say no..... To drugs."
{not drugs in the literal sense, thats not my style}

And I like to hope that
I was the friend that was there for her,
when she needed someone the most.
Even if she didn't know it at the time.


She is beautiful and stong.
She is an amazing mother, and friend.
She's so kind hearted, and loving.
Anyone who knows Devyn knows this is true.

I'm so glad that we are still close friends
and get to see each other on a regular basis.
I love you Devy poo!
I hope you had a great birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...