Sunday, November 3, 2013

Spiritual Thought Sunday

“Stop seeking out the storms

And enjoy more fully the sunlight.”

-Gordon B. Hinckley



I know that I myself need to take this into account

More often than I do.

I am one who seems to dwell on the negative.

That is something that I really need to work on in my life.

Focus on the “sunlight”

And not the negative.



I thought this quote was perfect for

The beginning of November.

I try to think of all my blessings throughout

The whole year.

But November is just a great reminder

For us to sit back and think of what we are thankful for.



Just a few things that I’m thankful for are:

**My amazing husband**.

He keeps me grounded, when I feel like the world is crumbling

Under my feet.

He is smart, fun, spiritual and knows how to keep m laughing.

**My kids**

They remind me of how life is supposed to be fun.

They teach me so much more

On a daily basis than I think I could ever teach them.

**My Job**

Even though I look forward to a day when I won’t

Have to work full time.

I am thankful that I am able to work

To help support my family.

**My family**

My family is so amazing.

I’m so thankful for my parents, and all they do for me.

I’m so thankful for my brothers and the men they have become.

I am also so grateful for my inlaws.

They are such amazing people.

**The Church**

I am thankful for the knowledge I have

Of a loving Heavenly Father

Who knows me…

Little ol’ me.

He knows my needs,

More than I know myself.

He is there for me

And will never leave me.

I am thankful for the atonement of

My savior Jesus Christ.

That he suffered on the cross for ME

That I may have the opportunity

to repent of my sins,

and live with my Heavenly Father again.

**My Trials**

I am thankful for my trials.

They helped shape me into who I’ve become.

They teach me to rely on my

Heavenly Father,

To trust him

And know that he loves me



What are some things that you are thankful for?

Please Share!



1 comment:

  1. You amaze me. I love the way you write, you are so sincere and deep. Yet so simple at the same time. I love how spiritual you are. When ever I try to write my Testimony or spiritual thoughts, they never come across how I want them to. It's something I want to be better at, I want to practice being better at sharing the gospel and not be afraid of being Spiritual since it's so important to me. Thanks for being that example. I look forward to your spiritual thoughts and motivation to live what's right.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...