Sunday, February 5, 2012

Leaping!


For Christmas Nixon got a Leap pad, it is probably the best $150 we have ever spent. Nixon absolutely loves it! He is also learning so much because he has the chance to work on writing letters, reading, drawing shapes and doing small math problems. It has been out of commission for the last couple weeks because the batteries were dead and we didn't have any other AA in the house. I finally decided to be a good mother and buy some more, from Cost-Co, 40 in the package. That is probably the best $13 that I have ever spent. He should be occupied for a few more days at least!
So cute past story about Nixon. His first day of school in September I was so nervous for him, and he didn't cry at all, but I did. Nixon is a very active and outgoing child, so at times he is hard to handle and can definitely wear a person out really fast. So I was kinda worried about his teachers and if he would be too much of a handful. When I went to pick him up from school I asked his teachers how he did and if he was good. They told me that he listened very good and didn't cry at all. But, he did have to go sit on time away for a little bit. I asked them what it was he did, because I could only imagine. They said that he "kept kissing the girls." Oh my, this kid is so funny! I seriously can't get enough of him. He is going to be a heartbreaker.


On Thursday, I decided to give Gwenyth a taste of "real" food. She had rice cereal for the first time. She wasn't really sure what to think at first. She had a little bit and did pretty good, but would push each bite out onto her lips.

Then she got mad about it. I guess she still needs to get used to the texture.

Then I found out a way to keep the food in her mouth, and her not screaming at the same time. Hit two birds with one stone as they say.
Plug it all in!
She actually liked it this way, she'd sit and suck the cereal off her binky and when it was all gone, she would spit the bink out and open up for more cereal. She is such a funny baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...