Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reminiscing...


 I have 7 of the most beautiful best friends a girl could ever ask for.

Not only are they beautiful from the outside,

if you had the chance to meet them

you'd agree they are more amazing on the inside.





We were all Cheerleaders together. Here is just a few of us in our WAY younger days. Back in Junior High. Man, time goes by too fast.



Then a few years later, Senior year of High School.





It's not that I don't get to see these girls still. For the most part we have been lucky and only 1 has moved away, and it's still in the same state, just a few hours drive.

But we make it a point to see each other on a semi regular basis.

And we still make sure to do crazy things while we are together.






Like try to set a timer on a camera, and can't quite get the hang of it so one of us turns into a "ghost."


Or jump off random steps, making sure to pull funny faces in the process.




I just want those "sisters" of mine to know how much I am truly grateful to have them in my life.

I don't know, to this day where I would be without them.

Or what kind of choices during those "wonderful" teenage years I would have made without them there guiding me along the right path.


Sure, we had our rough patches.

Especially during Cheerleading practices

 while we were forced to choreograph a halftime routine in just two days.

Or after Camp when we were so dead tired from staying up super late partying,

and working our butts off during the day,

and then having an excruciating practice the evening we got home.

When we all left in tears because we were just so dang tired.

Then after the practice, walking out to my car only to find melted gummy bears all over the front seat.

Who knew that gummy bears melted in the sun?

Well THEY DO! And they are a pain in the butt to clean up!

That only increased the tears on my part!



But I miss those days.

I miss seeing their beautiful faces at 6 am for early morning practice... every single day.

(As beautiful as a face can be at 6am, mine not so much!)

Looking back, it was all worth it.

And I am so glad to call those girls my friends!

2 comments:

  1. I love your guts! You guys are my saving grace. So blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, pretty girls indeed who have all turned into beautiful woman inside and out! It doesn't surprise me one bit that each of you turned out to be the incredible people you are! So happy I got to know these gals, you've blessed many lives. XOXX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...