Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend fun

We had a fun weekend, spent with Grandpa Bob and Grandma Nancie.


Saturday, Grandma and I spent the majority of the day painting the bonus room,

While Grandpa spent some much needed time with the kids.

They haven’t seen each other for almost 2 weeks,

And both parties were having major withdrawals.

Papa and Gweny were pretty much inseparable.

They even took a nap together.

Papa had to leave while she was sleeping so I carefully picked her up and took her to her bed.

When she woke up from her nap,

I could hear her crying hysterically from the other room so I ran to get her.

She was crying for Papa and Ammy…

“Mama where is Papa? I need Papa! Ammy Ammy!”

It was the sweetest and saddest thing!



Later that night we met them in Syracuse for the Pumpkin Walk.

I think that it had been going on for a few days before,

Because many of the pumpkins were

Green and wilty.

The kids had so much fun.

There are some very creative people out in the world

When it comes to pumpkin decorating.

Gweny insisted on walking holding Papa’s hand,

And Nixon insisted on riding in the stroller with Grammy pushing him.



Sunday, we went there for dinner

My mom made homemade chicken noodle soup.

She also caramel apples,

The kind dipped in White chocolate

And cinnamon-sugar.

They were delectable.







After a few good apples,

Mom and I made some delicious homemade caramels

They are so easy!

I’ll post the recipe soon.



What are some of your Halloween Traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...